Faye Banks took an apprenticeship in electrical engineering and rewrote the rules for apprenticeships in the process. We took some time out with Faye to discuss her route into Engineering.
Don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that an apprenticeship won’t get you far in life – listen to Faye instead!
Faye’s apprenticeship gave her the opportunity to earn while she learned, and now, in a senior management position at the National Grid, her future is far from gloomy. In fact, Faye’s lighting up the whole nation…
Engineering can seem like a distant goal but everyone’s engineering journey has to start someone. If you’re someone who’s thinking about embarking on an engineering career pathway, we’ll give you the really good news first. There’s arguably never been a better time be an engineer.
Find out more about the different career paths you might take in our “The Different Types Of Engineering (And Their Career Paths) Explained” Guide.
Born to Engineer – Electrical Transmission Engineer Faye Banks
It’s a myth that apprenticeships won’t get you far – Faye’s introduced her to new and exciting opportunities. ..
More Routes Into Engineering Stories
- Route Into Engineering – Faye Banks – Electrical Transmission Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Yusuf Muhammad – Engineer And Designer
- Route Into Engineering – Adrian Westaway – Design Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Orla Murphy – Jaguar Land Rover
- Route Into Engineering – Mathew Holloway – Innovation Design Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Nina Parsons
- Route Into Engineering – Milly Hennayake
- Route Into Engineering – Ebony Allison Career
- Route Into Engineering – Professor Eleanor Stride
- Route Into Engineering – John Wheal
- Route Into Engineering – Minal Patel Career