We featured engineer Orla Murphy and her work at Jaguar Land Rover in our 2018 Born to Engineer film. Earlier this year we took some time out with Orla to discuss her route into Engineering.
Growing up in rural Ireland, Orla Murphy remembers how exciting it felt when her family’s tractor was upgraded to include a fitted radio.
As an engineer with Jaguar Land Rover, she’s working on ways to ensure that the software that drives every function of modern vehicles can be downloaded remotely wherever they are in the world.
Orla Murphy studied Electronic and Music Engineering at the University of Glasgow. She was the Institution of Engineering and Technology’s winner of the 2015 Young Woman Engineer of the Year Award.
Find out more about the different career paths you might take in our “The Different Types Of Engineering (And Their Career Paths) Explained” Guide.
Born to Engineer – Orla Murphy
Everything you touch, see and interact with has been engineered and designed. But for engineer Adrian Westaway, the best inventions need something more – a little bit of magic…
More Routes Into Engineering Stories
- Route Into Engineering – Faye Banks – Electrical Transmission Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Yusuf Muhammad – Engineer And Designer
- Route Into Engineering – Adrian Westaway – Design Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Orla Murphy – Jaguar Land Rover
- Route Into Engineering – Mathew Holloway – Innovation Design Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Nina Parsons
- Route Into Engineering – Milly Hennayake
- Route Into Engineering – Ebony Allison Career
- Route Into Engineering – Professor Eleanor Stride
- Route Into Engineering – John Wheal
- Route Into Engineering – Minal Patel Career