‘Born to Engineer – Nina Parsons’ was the eighth film in our Born to Engineer series – back then she was heading for a career in Formula 1. We caught up with her discuss her route into Engineering and her future plans.
It took just one day at a race-track for Nina Parsons to know that she wanted to be an engineer.
For Nina and her friends at Oxford Brookes, teamwork is the key to building a winning Formula Student racing car.
That and paying the closest attention to the small details that make the difference between winning and losing. She’ll need to bring all of those skills into play next year, when she’s working with the Williams Formula 1 team…
Find out more about the different career paths you might take in our “The Different Types Of Engineering (And Their Career Paths) Explained” Guide.
Born to Engineer – Student Engineer Nina Parsons
“I think engineering is about pushing boundaries and analysing things very critically and questioning, continuously questioning everything”
‘Born to Engineer – Nina’ is part of our series produced by Duck Rabbit as part of a campaign to attract young people into engineering education and careers.
More Routes Into Engineering Stories
- Route Into Engineering – Faye Banks – Electrical Transmission Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Yusuf Muhammad – Engineer And Designer
- Route Into Engineering – Adrian Westaway – Design Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Orla Murphy – Jaguar Land Rover
- Route Into Engineering – Mathew Holloway – Innovation Design Engineer
- Route Into Engineering – Nina Parsons
- Route Into Engineering – Milly Hennayake
- Route Into Engineering – Ebony Allison Career
- Route Into Engineering – Professor Eleanor Stride
- Route Into Engineering – John Wheal
- Route Into Engineering – Minal Patel Career