Today, June 23rd, is International Women In Engineering Day.
This year marks the sixth INWED but it is also a celebration of 100 years of the Women’s Engineering Society (WES) in the UK.
It's International Women in Engineering Day! 🎉 Let's celebrate the incredible women engineers working to engineer a better world and let's work together to inspire the engineers of tomorrow 🌍 #INWED19 #TransformTheFuture pic.twitter.com/19dIa6V8eC
— IET (@TheIET) June 23, 2019
The day is designed to be a celebration of the outstanding achievements of women engineers throughout the world is the biggest yet – a sentiment we fully support.
This year was marked by –
- 245 separate events registered with the INWED website
- 50 international events registered with the INWED website in Bolivia, Panama, Cameroon, Pakistan, Mexico and New Zealand to name a few countries.
- Over 1267 downloads of the Resource Pack from the INWED website
Explore some of our recent posts about the role of Women in Engineering
- Are you part of the #1ofTheMillion?
- 8 Reasons Why More Women Should Consider Working in Skilled Trades
- Mattel’s latest Barbie builds robots & teaches kids to code
- Doodles of scientists reveal changing gender stereotypes
- International Women’s Day is all about challenging stereotypes and bias
- Natural History Museum shares the inspiring stories of women in science and research
- International Day of the Girl – Let’s celebrate the role of Women In Engineering
- Fancy a career in HS2? Now is your perfect opportunity
- Engineering a difference – Dr Priyanka Dhopade talks to Scienceblog
- Explore – Women in Computing: a British Perspective
- University of Bath celebrates achievements of women in STEM with “Sulis Minerva Day”
- Future Projects Awards 2017
- UWE celebrate International Women’s Day today with an event showcasing the achievements of female entrepreneurs
- Dorothée Pullinger – Ground-breaking female engineer nominated for Scotland’s Hall of Heroes
- Victoria Drummond – Ground-breaking female engineer nominated for Scotland’s Hall of Heroes
- Best of British Engineering Unveiled – Prestigious Semta Skills Awards unveils 2017 shortlist
- Birmingham University Is Stepping Up to Tackle the Engineering Gap
- Professor Eleanor Stride Signs Open Letter calling for Prime Minister Theresa May to close gender pay gap
- Bola Fatimilehin, Head of Diversity at Royal Academy of Engineering, on Diversity in Engineering
- Virtual Reality & Robotics Help Paralyzed Patients Learn to Walk Again
- Dartmouth Celebrates Majority-Female Graduates for Engineering
- British Airways is helping diversity take off
- MIT study explores the challenges facing women in Engineering
- National survey shows strong support for women in engineering
- Three women in Northern Ireland earn QUEST Technician scholarships
- Queen backs drive to get more British women into engineering industry
- Engineering a balance in recruitment and education
- Ada Lovelace Day take place to celebrate women in STEM careers
- First female president of IET proposes quotas to boost numbers of UK female engineers
- First female president of Institution of Engineering and Technology vows to attract more women into engineering