Heathrow might be the hot topic of the week, but the history of the UK’s air infrastructure is (honestly!) fascinating.
In this series comedian, Jay Foreman looks at the history of every airport in London, including some that have disappeared, and some that don’t really count .
If you enjoyed this article subscribe to our mailing list to receive weekly updates!
Over the coming months, we will try to feature interesting talks and lectures that relate to Engineering.
For updates you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates or follow us on social media. If you have any suggestions for content or feedback we would love to hear from you.
A list of new talks you might be interested is available below.
- Engineering Talks – Neil Turok Public Lecture: The Astonishing Simplicity of Everything
- Engineering Talks – Thomas Krauss on “Technologies for the Future”
- Engineering Talks – Elon Musk on “Making Humans a Multi Planetary Species”
- Engineering Talks – Dr Steve Melia on “Urban Transport Without the Hot Air”
- Engineering Talks – Jay Foreman on “The History of Every London Airport”
- Engineering Talks – The first heart Tal Golesworthy saved was his own
- Engineering Talks – Colossus & the Breaking of Lorenz
- Engineering Talks – Ruth Amos on The Problem, How I Solved It, and Where it Has Taken Me
- Engineering Talks – River Monitoring in Cold Regions