Elon Musk used the 67th International Astronautical Congress (IAC) in Guadalajara, Mexico to talk about SpaceX’s plans to colonise Mars.
SpaceX Founder, CEO, and Lead Designer Elon Musk will discuss the long-term technical challenges that need to be solved to support the creation of a permanent, self-sustaining human presence on Mars. The technical presentation will focus on potential architectures for sustaining humans on the Red Planet that industry, government and the scientific community can collaborate on in the years ahead.
Download the presentation of the plan in full
If you enjoyed this article subscribe to our mailing list to receive weekly updates!
Over the coming months, we will try to feature interesting talks and lectures that relate to Engineering.
For updates you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates or follow us on social media. If you have any suggestions for content or feedback we would love to hear from you.
A list of new talks you might be interested is available below.
- Engineering Talks – Neil Turok Public Lecture: The Astonishing Simplicity of Everything
- Engineering Talks – Thomas Krauss on “Technologies for the Future”
- Engineering Talks – Elon Musk on “Making Humans a Multi Planetary Species”
- Engineering Talks – Dr Steve Melia on “Urban Transport Without the Hot Air”
- Engineering Talks – Jay Foreman on “The History of Every London Airport”
- Engineering Talks – The first heart Tal Golesworthy saved was his own
- Engineering Talks – Colossus & the Breaking of Lorenz
- Engineering Talks – Ruth Amos on The Problem, How I Solved It, and Where it Has Taken Me
- Engineering Talks – River Monitoring in Cold Regions