Joey Simoes – a masters student in the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Manitoba – has created a short video that explains in under one minute his thesis.
Simoes masters focuses on water resources and ice engineering and uses photogrammetry, image processing, and machine learning, to develop safe and cost-effective methods of high frequency river ice data collection to be used in on-going and future river ice studies.
Over the coming months, we will try to feature interesting talks and lectures that relate to Engineering.
For updates, you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates or follow us on social media. If you have any suggestions for content or feedback we would love to hear from you.
A list of new talks you might be interested is available below.
- Engineering Talks – Neil Turok Public Lecture: The Astonishing Simplicity of Everything
- Engineering Talks – Thomas Krauss on “Technologies for the Future”
- Engineering Talks – Elon Musk on “Making Humans a Multi Planetary Species”
- Engineering Talks – Dr Steve Melia on “Urban Transport Without the Hot Air”
- Engineering Talks – Jay Foreman on “The History of Every London Airport”
- Engineering Talks – The first heart Tal Golesworthy saved was his own
- Engineering Talks – Colossus & the Breaking of Lorenz
- Engineering Talks – Ruth Amos on The Problem, How I Solved It, and Where it Has Taken Me
- Engineering Talks – River Monitoring in Cold Regions