Looking for your Summer Project
We are giving away LEGO Technics Rough Terrain Crane. Unlike ‘normal’ LEGO, the technic series actually works. Share your Engineering inspired LEGO creation on Instagram for 10 entries.
Any engineer loves to meet new challenges and this is no exception.
The LEGO Technic 42082 Rough Terrain Crane is largest and tallest LEGO Technic crane to date. It boasts a range of Power Functions, stabilizer legs, and can rotate the superstructure through 360°, allows you to operate the lifting winch or send the extendable boom a meter into the air.
You can enter the competition below by following us on Twitter, retweeting the competition. But, what we would really love you to do is share your Engineering inspired LEGO creation on Instagram with the hashtag #borntoengineerlego
The competition is powered by Gleam, you can enter using the widget below or directly here. The competition closes at the end of June.
Having trouble viewing the competition form. Click here to visit Gleam directly and enter the competition.
the small print
Be aware, we are only able to post the Lego set within the UK (it is MASSIVE) so only enter if you are based in the UK, or have a UK address we can ship it to. LEGO lists the kit as 11+. This isn’t going to be a good experience for little ones as the set is complicated to assemble. Big kids and adults only please. You don’t have to, but we will are definitely going to be disappointed if we don’t get to see a photo of the final build!
The competition will be open from 2019-05-17 12:00:00 AM until 2019-06-30 11:59:59 PM Make sure you sign up to our Newsletter to be kept up to date about future competitions
What is included – LEGO Technics Rough Terrain Crane
Manual functions include 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel drive, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and fan, and adjustable wing mirrors, plus a detailed operator’s cab with an opening door.
This set also includes 2 opening compartments with tools, chains and a fire extinguisher, plus 4 outrigger landing plates and 4 LEGO Technic building sections that can be lifted and assembled. This 2‑in‑1 LEGO Technic set comes with a red and black colour scheme and can be rebuilt to create a Mobile Pile Driver.
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions large motor for controlling the cranes upper and lower functions.
- Select upper and lower crane mode for complete control over an array of easy-to-operate, motorized functions. Lower the stabilizer legs, rotate the superstructure through 360°, operate the lifting winch or send the extendable boom a meter into the air!
- Manual functions include 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel drive, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and fan, adjustable wing mirrors and an opening cab door.
- Hook up the included LEGO® Technic building sections and put your LEGO crane operator skills to the test!
- Open the door to access the detailed operator’s cab.
- Open the storage compartments to access the chains, tools and fire extinguisher.
- Comes with a red and black color scheme.
- This LEGO® Technic™ Set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- The largest and tallest LEGO® Technic™ crane to date—pre-August 2018—with more than 4,050 pieces.
- 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Set: rebuilds into a Mobile Pile Driver.
- Rough Terrain Crane measures over 39” (100cm) high, 25” (66cm) long and 10” (26cm) wide in working position, and over 10” (27cm) high, 29” (76cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide in driving position.
- Mobile Pile Driver measures over 9” (24cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide in driving position.