Want to a colossal Bucket Wheel Excavator — the largest LEGO Technic ever made!
We are giving away LEGO’s impressive 2-in-1 Bucket Wheel Excavator. Unlike ‘normal’ LEGO, the technic series actually works.
The Excavator comes with an array of motorised functions, including forward and reverse driving, moving conveyor belts, working boom with revolving bucket wheel, and a rotating superstructure
You can enter the competition below by following us on Twitter, retweeting the competition or following us on Youtube. But, what we would really love you to do is share your Engineering inspired LEGO creation on Instagram with the hashtag #borntoengineerlego!
The competition is powered by Gleam, you can enter using the widget below or directly here.
the small print
Be aware, we are only able to post the Lego set within the UK (it is MASSIVE) so only enter if you are based in the UK, or have been using a UK shipping address.
LEGO lists the kit as 14+. This isn’t going to be a good experience for little ones as the set is complicated to assemble. Big kids and adults only please.
You don’t have to, but we will are definitely going to be disappointed if we don’t get to see a photo of the final build!
The competition will be open from 14th March 2018 until 9:00AM 10th September 2018.
What is included – Bucket Wheel Excavator 42055
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions motor for an array of motorised functions, including forward and reverse driving, rotating bucket wheel, moving conveyor belts and rotating superstructure, plus a working bucket wheel boom.
- Also features hand-railed walkways, lights, mined-material elements and a rugged mine truck.
- Switch on the LEGO® Power Functions motor and maneuver the huge tracked structure into position.
- Activate the motorised conveyor belts and bucket wheel.
- Move the joystick to rotate the massive superstructure.
- Raise and lower the huge bucket wheel boom.
- Follow the mined material from the bucket wheel to the moving conveyor belts and all the way to the waiting mine truck!
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 3,900 pieces, making it the largest LEGO® Technic set to date.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Mobile Aggregate Processing Plant.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 11-16.
- Bucket Wheel Excavator measures over 16” (41cm) high, 28” (72cm) long and 11” (29cm) wide.
- Mobile Aggregate Processing Plant with boom retracted measures over 8” (21cm) high, 34” (88cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide, and over 12” (33cm) high with boom extended.
- Mine Truck measures over 3” (10cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 3” (10cm) wide.