Born to Engineer star Professor Eleanor Stride joined 250 others, from across the UK, to be awarded a prestigious OBE (Order of the British Empire) in this year’s New Years Honours list.
The New Year’s Honours List 2021 also recognized a number of others for their amazing services to engineering research, industry and wider society. Noteable Engineering stars include:
- Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire DBE
- Joanna DA SILVA OBE FREng, Director, Arup Group Ltd. For services to Engineering and International, Sustainable Development
- Knight Bachelor
- Lewis HAMILTON MBE HonFREng, Formula One Racing Driver. For services to Motorsports.
- Commander of the Order of the British Empire CBE
- Professor S Ravi Pradip SILVA FREng, Director, Advanced Technology Institute, University of Surrey. For services to Science, to Education and to Research
- Officers of the Order of the British Empire OBE
- Professor Robert BUCKINGHAM FREng, Robotics Director, UK Atomic Energy Authority. For services to Robotic Engineering
- Professor Mohan Jayantha EDIRISINGHE FREng, Bonfield Chair of Biomaterials, University College London. For services to Biomedical Engineering
- Professor Eleanor STRIDE FREng, Statutory Professor of Biomaterials, University of Oxford. For services to Engineering
Watch Our Born to Engineer Video Featuring Biomedical Engineer Eleanor Stride
Dr Eleanor Stride is a biomedical engineer working at Oxford University to develop revolutionary new methods for delivering chemotherapy drugs.
Eleanor works to create and control micro-bubbles which can be injected into the bloodstream of cancer patients, magnetically guided to the site of cancer and then burst using ultrasound, releasing the chemotherapy drugs at the site of cancer.